Sunday, June 15, 2008

Seed Planted

Welcome to this revived blog, previously known as the "Memories of Water," which I shut down after my friend's lament that the uber-political essays (at least to her) were something she would not dare read.

Yet, the revival of this blog was prompted not by an insane desire or perhaps that rekindled fire to blog and write but because, here we are, it is a requirement in our English class.

Yes, English class.

I am currently a fourth year law student who needs to complete the required eighteen (18) units of English in order to be eligible to finish law (actually, if I am not mistaken, a requirement to enroll in law--but that is neither here nor there). This is the last three units I have to complete. (For some reason, we were only required to finish twelve units of English in Ateneo Loyola, with the next three I took when I was in second year law).

Be that as it may, I am taking this requirement as an opportunity to rekindle my passion for writing - hopefully creative and literary - which was sidelined when I joined the law office where legal technicalities were required more than those flowery words so dearly used by the former Chief Justice Panganiban in his ponencias.

So sit back, relax and enjoy as you join me in this new journey of light and delight.

No comments: